Diet Formulation and Technical Support Service
- Responsible for the formulation and implementation of nutrition programs to maximize production performance, health, and quality for Swine (formulating diets and rations to maximize growth, reproduction, health and/or performance)
- Responsible for swine feed budgeting and auditing of feed budgets to ensure proper diet usage and best cost analysis.
- Conduct nutrient evaluation and formula evaluation (evaluating the chemical and nutritional value of feeds, feed supplements)
- Monitor the performance of the finished product to maintain and enhance the product quality and performance
- Maintaining expertise in nutritional trends and keeping up to date with regulatory changes
- Work closely with Feed Mill manager and other team members to solve challenges in production
- Act as primary point of contact for all customers; addressing product questions and concerns, providing solutions to problems and ensuring complete satisfaction
- Collect market information and gain a comprehensive knowledge of the industries served
- Visualize the developmental needs of the formulation
- Provide technical guidance to the Nutrition services team
- Monitor competitive products / services
- Support the key/top account of the sales person in each territory's Swine farms, feed mills by providing information on nutrition management, health and doing reformulation of feed.
- Trouble-shooting the customers problems and promote products/programs amongst customers. (liaising with clients to understand their targets and objectives, and the specific needs of the market;)
- Write papers & popular articles in journals & technical articles on need of customers (using computer software to formulate diets, conduct research and generate reports;)
Research & Development
- Study the nutritional needs of animals based on individual factors, such as age and breed as well as analyze the nutritive values of animal feed products.
- Work directly with the Swine Farms research teams to coordinate and collaborates research objectives.
- Oversee research trials at research farms, conduct thorough interpretation of data.
- Keep up to date on changing industry information by attending conferences, trade shows and reading industry publications
- Researching the effectiveness of dietary regime
- Conducting Swine based studies and laboratory trials
- Expanding existing range of Swine product and developing new ones
- Investigating nutritional disorder and the safe storage of feeds, often in conjunction with veterinary surgeon
- Lead trials and research projects and report findings in leading international journals
- Support and train the Animal nutrition team
- Investigating nutritional disorders and diet related diseases
- Provide insight regarding potential Swine industry gaps and potential Animal Nutrition value propositions.
- Continue to develop an active network of peers to ensure company is on the leading edge of livestock nutrition of Swine
- Minimum of a Master Degree (Ph.D. preferred) in Animal Science or Nutrition. Priority: a range of science-related degrees are relevant such as: biochemistry; biosciences; biomedical sciences; health sciences; dietetics and physiology; agricultural and food sciences.
- It is preferred that the candidate has at least 5 or more years of experience in this industry.
- Assertive & able to accept rejection
- Experienced with computers and familiar with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software programs
- Understanding the scientific basis of nutrition
- Familiarity with analyzing data and writing reports
- This position may require frequent travel (up to 30%) to farm visit to plan the nutritional aspects of existing husbandry system or to access the value of particular feedstuff