To lead the implementation and support of application systems relevant to the business information and automation requirements of the Company.
Accountable to drive the Service Level Agreement measures in his/her business/functional or technology area. This includes the key processes of Incident management, Change management, Problem management and Service Level Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information System Management, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Five (5) years in IT-related jobs with 3-4 years extensive systems analysis and design preferably with at least one (2) years in project management.
- Training in business functions and in systems analysis and design; through familiarity with organizational information needs; good communication skills. Good command of the English language is required.
- Software. At least 3 years implementing or supporting an ERP systems preferably SAP in the areas of Production Planning, MRP, Plant Maintenance and Quality Management. Proficient in at least one computer programming language, with the ability to set-up/configure basic system software, troubleshoot basic system software-related problems, and to coordinate preparation of system programs that will optimize utilization of resources.
- Hardware. A good theoretical background in computer and systems, able to troubleshoot minor problems for equipment and systems; with a good working knowledge of related facilities, latest technologies, and company directions to be able to propose plans and projects that are beneficial to the company.
- Training/User Education. Ability to assess training needs; organize and conduct appropriate training program in computer and communication systems; and ability to disseminate information on new technologies through lectures and other forum.
- Interpersonal. Ability to work and communicate well (oral or written) with users, contractors and team members. Ability to lead a team, and interact well with management and contractors to discuss proposals, contracts, and status of activities and plans. Ability to interact with user management and technical personnel, managers, vendors of computer equipment and software and internal and external IT people (programmers, analysis, DB specialists/administrators, etc.)
- Research & Development. Ability to learn and use new technologies; to gather information, analyze, document, establish prototypes, and prepare project proposals for the adoption of applicable new technologies.