Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Broad understanding of banking, financial crime risk in banking and a general understanding of the working practices with AML, Sanctions and/or ABC.
- Manages priorities effectively.
- Detail oriented and proven execution abilities.
Specific to role
- AML, Sanctions or ABC process knowledge.
- Experience of interacting with stakeholders at a senior level.
- Good practical understanding of risk, compliance and controls.
- Position will require international travel, with overall travel up to 15% of the time.
- Candidates for the Vice President (Manager) position should have more than 8 years relevant experience in a financial services firm, regulatory agency or law firm.
- Candidates for the Assistant Vice President (Assistant Manager) position should have more than 4 years relevant experience in a financial services firm, regulatory agency or law firm.
Education / Qualifications:
- Preferred - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressured environment.
- Proactively identifies and communicates improvements to process on the grounds of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability.
- The ability to operate with urgency and priorities work accordingly.
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement.
- A structured and logical approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- MS Office skills.