JOB SUMMARY: Manages the SMT manufacturing engineering department by providing leadership and direction on the day to day activities. In addition, provides engineering support to engineers in order to maximize the effectiveness of the department. Furthermore, will serve as team leader to any development projects assigned to the department. Manages the department budget, distributes work load, establishes goals, and monitors employee's performance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Having more than 5 years of engineering management experience at electronic companies and practical experience on Fuji/ Panasonic SMT machines and managing SMT process.
- Knowledge of electronic components, flow planning and work arrangements, experience in managing automation production lines
- Supervises, provides leadership, assigns projects, and coordinates day to day activities for SMT engineering department to meet KPI.
- Develops and coordinates procedures that follow the new product introduction (NPI) process and ensures the transfer between sites is seamless and successful.
- Works with Equipment manufacturers to negotiate prices, improve their products and services & drive process improvements at their level. Directs equipment standardization and calibration between sites.
- Responsible to Measure, Evaluate and Improve processes and chemistry to meet or exceed industry quality metrics while reducing company costs.
- Analyze problems/ issues in process and manage solutions.
- Preparing and presenting operational performance reports on a monthly basis.
- Provides leadership, direction, and support to the department, responsible for department budget, and responsible for adhering to all Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Performing other tasks required by immediate supervisor.
- Attends meetings as needed to support organization activity.
- Interfaces with customers as required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to achieve corporate and departmental objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Knowledge of SMT manufacturing and material procurement, IPC expert, and supervisory experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.