This person shall be able to manage the Laboratory independently, possess the ability to work with outside & inside resources to facilitate a laboratory testing capability expansion, and be a team player that is proactive in accomplishing daily work successfully.
This role will require experience in CMM calibration/problem solving, daily execution of durability testing, and ongoing management of calibration and gage R&R routines.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Run the laboratory
- Perform all measurements and tests for standard product attributes
- Create CMM programs with support from lead programmer
- Process test results using statistical software
- Lead ongoing evaluation of test standards and procedures
- Complete specialized measurements for outside groups (legal, marketing, etc.)
- Lead qualification of masters, tools, etc. with product engineers
- Train other technicians in key areas as applicable
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal English
- Excellent knowledge of computers and data entry
- Strong knowledge of mechanical parts and tools
- Strong knowledge of CMM Programming
- Thorough understanding of how to read and apply requests from a work order
- Able to independently resolve technical issues to prevent equipment downtime as applicable
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong understanding of basic statistics
- Ability to remain flexible in a changing priority environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field, preferably manufacturing, mechanical or material engineering.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience