- Collaborate with engineers from Google, hardware vendors and partners to build a unique experience for smartwatches.
- Document and provide guidance to project team on architecture design of WearOS platform.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with software architecture.
- Create detailed technical solution designs to meet product and business requirements.
- Design & optimize engineering processes for WearOS development, testing, monitoring and maintenance.
- Lead the development of internal tools to boost team productivity & product quality.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields.
- 5+ years of active experience in programming with at least 2 years working with Linux or Linux-embedded system.
- Experience in Linux subsystem including: bootloader, file systems, file system layout, kernel modules, Linux standard system calls, etc.
- Experience developing software for WearOS platform.
- Experience in Agile software development process.
- Experience working with international teams.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Being fluent in English and good at writing technical documents.
- Ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, business stakeholders, management staff and others outside the organization.
Nice to have
- Familiar with Gerrit, Jenkins, Buganizer, Jira.
- Experience developing Linux driver/module a9nd integrate into an existing Linux-based system.
- Experience in building and customizing AOSP (Android Open Source Project).
- Knowledge of Android system services layer and Android application programming in general.
- Experience in Android HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer), HAL Interface Definition Language (HIDL), Android Interface Definition Language (AIDL).
- Knowledge in hardware manufacturing.