- Design, code, and debug operations, reporting, pre and post trade analysis applications on Linux platforms.
- Analyze requirements, develop/test code, and manage product deliverables to targeted release dates.
- Adhere to the company's software development methods and guidelines.
- Interface with users for requirements gathering and specification.
- Interface with operations support team for deployment and training.
- Participate in all facets of a project's life cycle from design, implementation, testing, documentation and deployment.
- Provide support for new and legacy applications.
- Act as a mentor to help improve junior members of the team's technical capabilities.
- Possess an advanced knowledge and experience with streaming application development (Kafka, Spark, Redis a plus but not mandatory).
- Strong understanding and experience with Object Oriented Programming.
- Have strong experience in querying large data sets using SQL language.
- Be able to design and develop scalable software.
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Have the ability to understand complex systems and be in command of the details to provide solutions.
- Be self-motivated and take initiative with minimal direction.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Finance, trading systems and PnL experience a plus but not mandatory.
- Experience with streaming UI development a plus.