Navigos Search's Client is one of the top Multinational Companies, specialising in high tech components.
Employee and Team Development:
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on an ongoing basis.
- Create and/or validate training curriculum in area of responsibility.
- Coach and mentor Materials staff to deliver excellence to every internal and external customer.
- Create and manage succession plans for Materials function.
- Establish clear measurable goals and objectives by which to determine individual and team results (i.e. operational metrics, results against project timelines, training documentation, attendance records, knowledge of operational roles and responsibilities, personal development goals).
- Solicit ongoing feedback from Workcell Manager (WCM), Business Unit Manager (BUM), peers and team member on team member's contribution to the Workcell team. Provide ongoing coaching and counseling to team member based on feedback.
- Express pride in staff and encourage them to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Perform team member evaluations professionally and on time.
- Drive individuals and the team to continuously improve in key operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational goals.
- Coordinate activities of large teams and keep them focused in times of crises.
- Ensure recognition and rewards are managed fairly and consistently in area of responsibility.
- Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ask questions; encourage input from staff.
- Assess communication style of individual team members and adapt own communication style accordingly.
FUNCTIONAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Business Strategy and Direction:
- Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
- Define, develop and implement a Materials strategy, which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
- Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Materials.
- Provide regular updates to BUM, WCM, and Materials Manager on the execution of the strategy.
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Provide feedback to peers (BUM, WCM, and Functional Managers on cost and cost trends.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
- Prepare timely forecasts for the department.
- Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide feedback and support development of Jabil Supply Chain initiatives and strategies.
- Ensure Workcell's execution to Jabil Supply Chain strategies.
- Support customer's business needs using standard process where possible and customized solutions where necessary.
- Influence customer in order to leverage Jabil's Supply Chain solutions.
- Ensure that Purchasing takes an active role in having realistic MPS loading through materials sizing process.
- Monitor and ensure materials supply meet the MRP requirements to support production. Identify and support resolve disconnects such as shortages, non-conformance, high stock, excess / obsolete materials are continuously monitored and resolved.
- Ensure that the Workcell is focused to drive down the overall cost of materials including component pricing, freight expenses, materials liability, and cost of managing materials.
- Lead the price administration process to ensure (1) data integrity, (2) accurate Standard Costs, and (3) Quoted Costs to the Customer that are competitive and maximize the amount of favorable Materials Price Variance (MPV).
- Ensure all purchase orders are placed with pricing and terms & conditions, which are negotiated and agreed to by Jabil Commodity Managers and Planner/Buyers.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.