This position exists to support the Sales, Marketing, and Applications Engineering functions by creating and maintaining systems and procedures for product proposals and quotes as well as Sales/Marketing data management. In addition, will manage the order process through the company. Others duties, such as inside sales, may be required on, as and when need basis to support those areas not covered by an outside Sales staff.
- Responds to Customer inquiries (inside) in areas not covered by distributors.
- Receives, qualifies and distributes customer inquiries received through direct sources.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of all aspects of the Sales related functions of the business information system.
- Create, implements and maintain technical information on product line and applications using materials supplied by other functional areas.
- Create and modifies as required the proposal and Sales quotation structure for each product and service.
- Prepares quotes using information provided by the Product Dept and EngineeringDept.
- Establishes and maintain price lists, customer data base, and installed machine data base by working closely with Product / Segment Managers and Marketing Planning Manager.
- Develops and maintains a computerized reporting system of Sales calls, orders, distributor activity, lost orders, etc
- Support in preparing routine and complex customer orders, routing or responding to sensitive correspondence, and following up on internal sales matters.
- Initiates appropriate follow-up action for Customers and Distributors at the request of Sales Product/Segment Managers.
- Develop and maintain systems for tracking and reporting commission payments to distributors and Sales associates
- Develops and maintains procedure for initiating customer orders into the operation's cycle. Produce clear, timely, and thorough Order Package for each customer order. And any duties assigned by Superior.
Degree in Business or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience. An MBA is preferred. With JLPT N1, N2 or Able to communication is mandatory
- Five to Eight years of progressive experience in Sales or Marketing support positions, preferable in metal stamping products or Power Press Machines
- General knowledge of integrated business information systems.
- In-depth knowledge of PC software including databases, spreadsheets, graphics, and word processing.
- Working knowledge of Sales quotation and proposal process.
- Working knowledge of supporting customers and sales associates by interfacing with at least two of the following: Manufacturing, Applications Engineering, Product Management, Customer Service, and Marketing communications. Pro-active, creative and innovative and can work independently. Ability to travel up to 50% or more.
- Excellent in English & Japanese (JLPT2)- oral, written (kanji) , and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess own vehicle with Car Driving Licence.
- Must be able to support or stationed at our affiliated companies globally.