- Work closely with CTO, CEO to advice and help shape the future of our products and the company
- Lead a R&D team with 2 to 3 members to research and develop solutions for a wide range of problems including text classification, topic detection, influencer scoring, … using advanced techniques involving knowledge in data science, machine learning and software engineering
- Work closely with product teams to understand their data problems and recommend solutions
- Propose, validate and develop solutions all the way from research to production
- Maintain and improve research activities like paper presentation, update new techniques to keep the team up to date with needed knowledge, and educate other teams to understand more about data science and machine learning
- Establish best practices, training and researching materials to help build and grow the team as needed
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or have similar experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in applying Machine Learning techniques to solve real-world problems.
- Fluent in Python.
- Some experience with Tensorflow, Scikit Learn or PyTorch.
- Strong data-driven mindset, willing to debate and explain problems clearly using data
- Fluent in written English.
- Strong communication skills and can act as an advisor, coach, mentor at the same time.
- Be open-minded, passionate about applying AI, and willing to learn new techniques and platforms as needed
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Big Data Analytics (Hadoop, Kafka, Hive, BigQuery)
- Experience with cloud platforms like Google Cloud or AWS
- Real world experience in deploying a Machine Learning product