Responsible for Purchasing, Customer Services, Business development, Engineering, all Manufacturing as Planning, QA/QC and Maintenance. Establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing and maintenance operations which ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Initiative plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital. Assure attainment of business objectives and productions schedules while insuring product standards that will exceed our customers' expectations.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports company's strategic initiatives.
- Establish group and individual accountabilities throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need. Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact based problem solving.
- Improve manpower utilization within existing departments and processes. Schedule stability that allows for maximum return on efficiencies.
- Manage spending against budget and in relation to changes in production volume.
- Assure that collective bargaining agreements are effectively administered and that employee grievances are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Work to establish management practices throughout assigned areas which include all employees' positive involvement with opportunity for construction input and action.
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes. Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.
- Maintain individual skills keeping up to date with latest production and production management concepts.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Provides monthly reports to senior management regarding sales, marketing and performance.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Recruits, trains, tests, and hires staffs based on criteria agreed upon by senior management