- As the Senior Engineer you will be responsible for extending and refining our APIs in Node, using AWS Lambda, taking advantage of the latest features in ES6. You will also play a key role in building components for our shopper analytics, and machine learning.
- You’ll write scrapers in Node to acquire accurate, geo-specific price information as we expand into new markets. As a Senior Engineer, you will also be responsible for generating ways to target new websites, considering whether they use an API and figuring out how we can access the site for covert real-time data acquisition. Utilizing proxies to make requests from all different locations, you will create novel, legal ways to mitigate bot detection and fingerprinting from third party providers.
- Your time will focus on what you do best - code. Traditionally we work in scrum cycles, but are not too rigid and are incorporating Kanban into our approach, with daily stand-ups. You will be producing and testing your own code and have it peer-reviewed.
Senior Full Stack Engineer with a strong understanding of software development theory and principles including HTTP, with a bias towards server-side software development that includes building APIs in Node and ideally working with data processing at a large scale.
- You must have a minimum of 2 years’ commercial experience in providing software services or technical consultancy and experience creating successful software product / solutions
- Ideally you will hold a good degree in a relevant subject (i.e. computer science)
- As this is a Senior role you will be expected to be a self-starter who likes taking ownership of their own work.
- Experience of functional Programming would be advantageous
- Wider experience of web technologies; Specially AWS Lambda, Redis, MongoDB etc. would be beneficial