Purpose and Objective of this position:
Responsible for assisting the Merchandising Manager in developing and managing the category/department strategy, vendor relations, private and exclusive product development, retail price management, promotional planning and achievement of the financial objectives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Category responsibilities may include:
- Beauty - Cosmetics and Fragrances
- Liquor, Tobacco, Wine
- Local Destinations - Food/Candy, Souvenirs, and Ready-to-Wear
- Boutiques - brand specific
- Fashion - brand specific
- Responsible for specific category/department product assortments using market trend analysis information as well as managing sales, margins, and mix.
- Develop and grow specific private label strategy to maximize profit margins and ROI.
- Manage the proper execution of the Beauty and luxury brand merchandise strategy. Work closely with the corporate team in Korea to ensure strategy alignment and appropriate execution.
- Business partner that works closely with the store operations team and other departments to drive overall category/department profitability.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Assisting in contract negotiations
- Category specific inventory management
- Mix management
- Category specific sales planning and forecasting, including Open-to-Buy.
- Gross margin/gross margin dollar planning including seasonal clearance and exit strategy for non- performing brands
- Promotional planning
- Vendor relations
- Supply chain management
- Partner with Support teams (Human Resources, Finance, Logistics, and IT) and ensure compliance to company policies/procedures, including reports and requested information.
- Adhere to all policies/procedures in compliance with Vietnam Customs rules and regulations