Navigos Search's client is a quantitative asset management firm operating in 15 countries. They develop and deploy systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets and utilizing a proprietary research platform and risk management process. Their goal is to hire the best and the brightest individuals to demonstrate an exceptional talent.
Our client is looking for an exceptionally talented engineer to lead the development of large scale, complex software systems. The ideal candidate possesses the technical capability to build software components for Alpha testing, thereby advancing the technology and development strategy for the team.
At the same time, a successful candidate will be proficient in applying design patterns and utilizing a multitude of software libraries in solving development problems. The candidate should have a strong understanding of process pipeline development, effective code version control, and manage processes such as Continuous Integration and Deployment. Most importantly, the candidate must be pro-active and adaptable to changes in the underlying software system and hardware infrastructure.
- At least 8 years of Python experience developing large systems
- Excellent capability in programming in Python developing large scale, cluster-based applications on Linux/Unix platforms; familiar with libraries such as NumPy, Django and Pandas
- Knowledge in various database and messaging technologies such as SQL, Redis, Kafka, Cassandra etc.
- Mentor, support and direct the junior members of the team
- Strong mathematical background with ability to grasp business environment and effectively translate requirements into software implementations
- Excellent communication skills
- Good command of English
- Excellent problem solving abilities and judgment with strong attention to detail
- Mature, thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Degree in a quantitative or technical discipline from top university (computer science, engineering, etc)
- Position based in Hanoi, Vietnam
You are invited to send us a full detailed resume in English with current contact numbers as soon as possible. Applications will be treated in total confidentiality