· Develop the annual strategy plan and annual budget for the Finance department;
· Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements and adherence to prevailing accounting standards and principles;
· Ensure comprehensive financial systems are established and maintained in order to properly account for the Bank's resources and transactions;
· Review periodic profit and loss statement and balance sheet and also ensure any unusual fluctuations are investigated and reported to the CFO;
· Review monthly, quarterly and yearly MIS reports and ensure accuracy and compliance to management targets and directives. Set and manage accruals and ensure they are as per management expectation;
· Liaise with external auditors to ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements and standards, prepare for interim and annual Audit and interface with external Auditors;
· Ensure financial statements required for publishing on a quarterly and annual basis are prepared and submitted to external auditors at the commencement of audit/ review process.
· Prepare the Bank's budgets and forecasts. Liaise with all departments to gather the necessary budget input and ensure the budgets are updated as required by management.
· Monitor departments actual cost verses budgeted cost and prepare monthly reports;
Masters's degree in Finance, Accounting or Banking from a recognized University and ACCA/ CPA or other professional accreditations is desirable;
Minimum 12 years of relevant experience in managing the financial and accounting function
· Well versed with Financial Accounting Standards and International Accounting Standards;
· Strong analytical, quantitative, financial skills;
· Able to priorities work, work under pressure and meet the agreed standards and deadlines;
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral;
· Excellent managerial, leadership, problem solving and negotiation skills;
· Excellent organizational and time management skills;
· Good interpersonal and strong business development skills.