Our client is an international company which focuses on technology utilization solutions in business. They have a branch in Vietnam, located in Hanoi.
In order to strengthen their engineering department, they are urgently looking for a Head of Engineering Department. The role will be in charge of the entire frontend and backend development teams and report directly to the Head of Engineering in the company's headquarter.
The one will have the responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Work closely with the managers in the management, especially in strategic planning, development and implement
- Manage the department, including supporting the recruitment, training, mentoring and managing the staffs of the department, maintaining a best-in-class engineering department. Promote the excellence in all engineering disciplines;
- Work closely with the developers to ensure that systems meet the overall business requirements and standards.
- Be responsible for feature deployment, the stability of the business core platform stability, and the overall quality of the business's web architecture; ensure the quality of the feature deployment, the stability of the platform, and the overall quality of the business's web architecture.
- Plan, execute, manage and report on the software projects, inclusive of the regular project management, scope management, issue and risk management and assessment afterward.
- Collaborate with other departments in the company to improve the current website systems and work on the new solutions;
- Work closely with the user experience department in designing, developing, and deploying scalable technologies that will lead to increased consumer satisfaction.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or any other relevant field. The equivalent of the same working experience is also acceptable.
- At least 10 years of working experience with Java
- Have a wide range of experience in software engineering; have experience working with numerous software-industry business models
- Technical knowledge and experience:
- Java; SQL and relevant technologies
- Messaging or streaming middleware;
- Cloud platform
- SOA; PaaS
- Agile; TDD
- Container orchestration technologies
- High availability, high-scale, and performance systems
- Detail-driven, result-oriented, strategically thinking, adaptable to a highly collaborative environment.