- Manage the full development cycle from design, 2D drawings, 3D prototypes, pattern, samples to manufacturing.
- Review all prototypes/samples and feedback to manufacturers in conjunction with the Collection/Production Director
- Travel to factories overseas to ensure shoe development is in line with creative vision and price targets
- Travel to specialised fairs / trade shows to source materials
- Source new manufacturers and suppliers
- Ensure that quality of construction and product finishing meets brand expectations
- Manage the allocated season budget, update the Head of RTW on the estimated budget on a weekly basis and anticipate any extra cost
- Develop collection plans according to price targets, seasonal needs, previous sales data and collection budget
- Collaborate between material suppliers, agents and factories
- Review/update critical path on a daily basis and work closely with factories and suppliers to ensure all prototype and SMS deadlines are met
- Ensure that materials and finished products meet price targets
- Prepare all necessary information and specifications for sales and production phases (communication about minimums, technical details, etc.)
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
- Education in Fashion/Footwear Design or related field.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Credible experience of technical development in all aspects of
- Functional/Outdoor Footwear
- Experience working with business partners in various locations.
- Knowledge of the Portuguese language required, Italian desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills with clear and concise written and verbal skills.
- Excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational skills with the ability to work to set deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail, an appreciation of colour and imagery, and the ability to lead innovation.
- A highly self-motivated team member with a strong ability to build effective working relationships.