Reports to the Country and is involved in the financial, accounting and supply chain undertakings of the Department in coordination with the immediate superior. Contributes to policy setting and coordinates the development of department operations. Ensures timely submission, accuracy, consistency and integrity of financial data to support management’s decision-making on matters affecting overall corporate financial health. Contributes to the definition and achievement of agreed business objectives for the department. Establishes and maintains and accounting system which focuses on the accurate presentation of financial results upon approval of management.
- Supervises daily work and assignments of finance and accounting staff and monitors overall performance of the team based on agreed objectives and deliverables. Develops recommendations to address performance gaps of the team to further enhance individual contributions of each employee in preparation to higher responsibilities moving forward.
- Provides managerial, technical expertise and leadership required for the efficient and effective operations of the department especially in the areas of Financial Management, Financial Systems and Bookkeeping.
- Reviews plans periodically for relevance, timeliness and work progress and make recommendations to address gaps to further improve systems and processes as needed.
- Designs policies and procedures to improve work performance directly of the Department.
- Reviews existing department policies to check if updated or relevant with the present business environment and make recommendation whenever necessary.
- Generates figures and data from the finance system which will help in the formulation of company budget (Midyear & Annual) in consultation with the Head of Finance and work closely with him/her on the actual budget consolidation.
- Reviews and approves day to day Finance & Accounting documents that are within the assigned approval matrix including but not limited to advances, liquidations, payment requests and journal vouchers.
- Ensure that all of the tasks, reports and analysis as assigned to and prepared by staff are known to at least two staff to ensure continuity of support services and not affecting deadlines.
- Ensure that all of Financial Reports are accurately prepared and submitted on time to the Head of Finance for review and approval.
- Attends and participates in meetings of the department and as required by management.
- Others tasks that many assigned from time to time or when the need arise.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- At least 5 years related working experience with managerial or supervisory exposure
- Prefer experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Computer literate especially in MS Office applications
- Results oriented, creative, analytical and dynamic
- Good oral and written communication, administrative, and motivational skills
- Mature in judgment and possesses leadership skills
- Self-organized and works well under pressure
- Proactive with sense of urgency