- The basic and the most important step is to identify new business opportunities by tapping the potential customers from different countries
- Consult for customers about the technical feature of products, capacity of the factory.
- Export sales cover: Distributors, B2B, GT, MT, direct…
- To plan, design, develop and implement different sales activities by researching the customer's needs and requirements
- To make sure that the existing clients are retained and maintained while developing the new customers
- To ensure that the all the sales and marketing activities are carried out within the agreed budgets, volume, sales, and within the given time scales
- To take initiative and efforts to develop constructive and effective solutions to any issues that slow down or hamper the export procedures and activities
- To constantly review distributor's performance and monitor their work, so that relevant information can be provided to the management
- An educational background in marketing, sales, business administration and management would prove to be beneficial. If it backed by relevant work experience, getting the job would be easier.
- Proficiency in the foreign language other than English would definitely prove to be an added advantage while interacting with the client and vendors from different countries.
- If you are aspiring to become an export sales manager, it is essential that you should have passion and flexibility to travel long distances.
- Being in the sales profession, demands that you have strong interpersonal communication skills to develop healthy, professional relationships with the clients and vendors demonstrated by exceptional leadership quality.
- Excellent negotiation skills are a pre-requisite in determining the prices and discounts for different products.
- Should be able to work in a target oriented work environment and should be able to prioritize work based on the given deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to do fast mathematical computations will be an advantage.
- Should be proficient in computers to maintain and update various kinds of reports.