- Ensure visually check and release or add on production lots as needed.
- Ensure assign production lots to be pulled by the receiving department.
- Ensure schedule the timely running of production lots and rushes according to machine size, allocation dates, and colors.
- Ensure accurate employee files, (i.e. attendance calendars, training records, pay plan audits, and any required disciplinary actions).
- Ensure proper housekeeping in all dyehouse areas, including production and office areas.
- Assign work schedules.
- Ensure that all machines and dryers are cleaned in accordance with procedure and as needed.
- Periodically spot check all areas and ensure that all associates are following proper procedures.
- One half hour prior to the beginning of the shift, walk the department (including drugroom and all staging areas) with the previous shift manager to ensure that all housekeeping requirements are met and that everything is loaded correctly. Check thread staging areas to ensure that everything is in the correct location neatly and nothing is mixed.
- Complete shift reports and check employee's time and attendance via Kronos system.
- Check email for special instructions as given by the Operation Manager.
- Perform any additional duties as may be required and directed by management
- 4 year University Degree or equivalent work experience of 5 years in manager capacity required. Ability to motivate, lead and facilitate manufacturing initiatives while fostering a cohesive work environment. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization (report writing and presentation skills needed).
- Technical background in textiles preferred.
- Manufacturing knowledge/experience required.
- Strong professional demeanor.
- Ability to multitask with minimum supervision. Good problem solving and people skills. High level of independence, initiative and drive and be results oriented.
- Ability to make decisions and exhibit good judgment.
- Computer skills preferred.
Language Required: Fluent in Vietnamese and English
- Ability to distinguish tube color and thread types.
- Kronos Associate Pay System, Plant Goals, Weekly cost reports, Monthly Performance reports, mainframe computer access, office supplies
- Overall Responsibility
- Ensure requirements for job safety, production and quality are met and maintained, the flow of product is continuous and the departments have the needed materials. Train and develop employees to enhance the safety processes, improve quality, reduce waste and cost, and meet or exceed the customer's delivery expectations.