As an Engineer within the Core Technology DevOps team, you will work closely with other technologists to support our core production systems - build, testing and deployment pipelines, software and productivity tools, monitoring and middleware, data infrastructure. The successful candidate will work either during the regular day shift (9AM-5PM) or the night shifts (4PM to 12AM or 12AM-8AM) alongside the EU and US teams.
- Monitoring and supporting our software infrastructure and model production system; Investigating and troubleshooting issues
- Assembling platforms and frameworks to automate business processes.
- Collaborating with internal technology, research and portfolio management teams
- Programing Languages: Python or Java
- Integrating best-of-breed tools and technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Zookeeper, Mesos, Docker, Elasticsearch
Background in DevOps, technical operations or software development, great interpersonal skills, and familiarity with systems administration and/or integration.
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field
- Experience working in Linux; familiar with bash scripting
- Demonstrated experience using Python and/or Java; experience with relational databases (MySQL)
- Familiarity with existing open-source software packages and the DevOps toolchain
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and a passion for solving problems
- Fluent English
Our client is the quantitative investment firm, based in Western, founded in 2007 with over 750 employees globally. Our global team consists of researchers, portfolio managers and technologists. We employ quantification and automation to develop our trading processes, enabling us to efficiently trade today the way others will tomorrow.