- Developing and implementing improved actuarial procedures; providing actuarial advice and consultation on matters relating to all relevant products.
- Provide actuarial guidance and leadership including the development and/or evaluation of necessary actuarial resources within the organization.
- Clear actuarial policy setting regarding reserve standards, economic capital standards, product development and pricing
- Take a leadership role in managing and enhancing business intelligence/data science capability.
- Working collaboratively across appropriate functions and divisions to set pricing and reserving levels as a part of the senior management team consistent with profitability objectives for the organization.
- Enhance decision-making through development of new risk management tools as it relates to the actuarial function.
- Provide thought leadership on various cross-functional teams supporting the insurance businesses and be an active member of the senior management team.
- Manage or serve as the appointed actuary for all actuarial driven financial reporting activities partnering with external resources as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- 12+ years of experience within the insurance industry
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA), with additional financial or risk management credentials a plus (e.g., CFA, PRM, CRM, CERA, etc.)
- Team-oriented, collaborative approach and a willingness and ability to handle opposing perspectives and gain consensus.
- Strong written and oral communication and leadership skills, with proven successful experience working with Executive Management.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills, with a proven success in risk management.
- High personal impact, self-starter and critical thinker.
- Strong consultative and influencing skills.