- Receive directly the reporting of Business Development team
- Monitor and report sales team's activities, expenses and progress
- Ensure prompt reporting of sales team where required
- Maintain open line of communication with Branch Managers
- Ensure smooth communication between sales team and all other departments; create and implement procedures as needed.
- Know the clients and their history, and maintain full awareness of contract status at all times
- Create bi-quarterly sales forecasts and measure % achieved
- Motivate and set up objectives for sales team
- Liaise with finance department as necessary to verify solvency of prospects
- Obtain approval of general management prior to sending costing proposals
- Update database
- Forecast the need for hiring sales staff, liaise with and assist HR, and ensure thorough training
Market Awareness and Prospecting
- Define, with general management, a strategy of prospecting and implement it.
- Remain abreast of industry trends.
- Awareness: New services needed in the market, Activities of competitors, New competitors.
- Report on the market monthly to general management.
- Propose new development in accordance with strategic plan.
- Communicate clearly with operations throughout the process of obtaining a new client
- Ensure a smooth handover to OPS
- Create and follow a clear procedure for the above
- Remain aware of and support marketing team with:
- Marketing, communications and advertising activities, advertising budget, comprehensive annual marketing plan
- Calendar of commercial exhibition and proposal for the company's participation in such activities
- Communicate market trends to marketing department as required
- Participate in the creation of the annual sales and commercial expenses budgets and report results to general management.
- Monitor effectiveness of sales team's incentive program.
- Create operating budget for sales department together with general management and accounting and report results to general management.
- Analysis the above and propose corrective actions
- Evaluate and report management controls (including selling price, margin levels, discount levels, payment terms, and general sales conditions) by business line, individual prospect, province, sector, BD team member, or any other relevant breakdown. Identify discrepancies and submit recommendations where required.
- Participate in the definition of the commercial policy (costing policy, sales conditions, selection of markets, advertisement and promotion efforts) and ensure accurate implementation
- Make daily reports to the General Manager about all events of the day.
- Prepare and sends on time all special report requested (monthly inventory reports…)
- Handle any other tasks assigned by your Hierarchy
- Ensure timely collection of end of month papers
- Bachelor degree or above in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration. Graduated from the famous university in the world is a priority
- Minimum of five years' relevant experience at the Business Development Manager Position
- Good knowledge in cultural Asia and experience in Asia market is a plus
- Good Knowledge in food industry would be an asset
- Good in spoken and written English
- Good Commercial/marketing skills
- Good computer skills: Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, Internet
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Good abilities of cooperation and team building
- Reliable, honest and tenacious
- Flexibility to work overtime
- Ability to work under pressure