The C-level position is the common name for the titles at the top of senior management of a company/corporation. The name "C-level" is derived from the letter C in the "Chief" of the above titles, referring to the senior managers, such as CEO, CFO, CIO, COO, etc. Although senior personnel accounts for an average of no more than 10% of the total number of employees in enterprises, they provide 90% of the profits of that enterprise. Because of the importance of this position, it becomes more difficult for businesses to finding and replace these positions.
See how a C level recruitment process can be done with a C suite executive search in our today’s article.
Why executive recruiting is harder than any hiring process?
According to the report "The challenge of recruiting and retaining mid-level and senior Vietnamese employees in foreign companies operating in Vietnam" has just been published by Navigos Search, many foreign businesses are facing difficulties in recruiting senior positions in Vietnam. Below is some reason why it’s come to difficulty in hiring C-level from a c suite executive search experts:
- The recruitment demand from domestic start-up and foreign companies in Vietnam has increased bringing the "illusion of employee strength" that makes them want higher wages than the value they can bring to the business. Also because of being sought too much, it is difficult for candidates to open their hearts to listen, difficult to accept when facing difficulties, little ability to learn, not modest …
- Besides the fierce competition for salaries, limited in English skill is also the reason many foreign companies find it difficult to recruit mid-level and senior Vietnamese personnel in the past year.
- The Vietnamese employees change their job offend and always in demand about a higher salary. Besides, at present, high-level candidates are sought by many businesses, so the high-end human resources market is very hot. Because of this, the above senior positions become more difficult to recruit.
Executive search firm - C-level recruitment solutions
Finding the next leader never an easy task, that’s why most businesses come to outsourcing an executive search firm to help them in recruiting a new talent leader.
What does an executive search firm mean?
An executive search firm brings recruitment solutions that help businesses to find top talented candidates for senior and C-level positions. The C level executive search firms help businesses by offering an entire recruitment process or consultancy services.
Why can an executive search firm help businesses solve this challenging task?
In the opinion of Ms Nguyen Thi Van Anh, former Managing Director of Navigos Search sharing with ten years of experience in the HR profession, she had many times encountered business situations looking for ways to invite a candidate but then realized that it was wrong. This happened because both sides found “this relationship is not good" and the next solution of the business now is to find another to replace otherwise will significantly affect the situation of his business.
The sharing above just brings us to one of the most reasons that make businesses thinking about the C suite executive search. Now, let’s take a deep look at the executive search process at Navigos Search Vietnam.
1. Consultation with the client company
Navigos Search consultant team will arrange the meeting with your business to discuss the search criteria as well as current efforts to fill the role. Then we will prepare an outline of the candidate screening method suitable for the particular case, fee structure, and advance performance targets.
2. Screening and preparation of a candidate list
There are two ways that Navigos Search uses to screen and prepare a candidate list, by talent market mapping or free-based advertisements in publications, web sites and other targeted industry publications.
3. Interviewing the candidates and recommend to the client company
The consultant will contact and interview the identified candidates in a careful and professional manner. Candidates who meet the client’s requirements will be narrowed down to a shortlist then be recommended to the client after verifying the accuracy of the information in their resumes and work histories as much as possible.
4. Arrangement of candidate interviews with the client company
After recommending candidates to the client company, the Navigos Search consultant team will serve as a direct liaison in arranging for interviews by the company of the candidates who passed the initial screening.
5. Feedback on interviews, signing of contract and negotiation of terms and conditions
Throughout the interview process, the consultant will provide feedback to both the client company and the candidates.
Attracting high-level candidates requires employers to have extremely clever strategies. Remember, when you have these candidates in hand, the business profits will be many times greater than the cost you spend. Therefore, prepare yourself for the quality recruitment process or thinking about choosing some C level executive recruiters or the 1st executive search & selection firm may be a better choice for the important roles. In Navigos Search, we proud to support businesses with high-quality recruitment services. For further more information, please see at Navigos Search Address.