A headhunter professional services usually offered by a firm or individual that helps their clients in recruiting with a certain fee. While contingent recruitment is exceptionally reactive to the needs of many industry sectors providing the agility of a temporary workforce. Headhunters usually look for candidates with very clear sets of skills in limited time. Due to these characteristics, they need to be precise and quickly navigate a large network to be successful. When a situation demands it, they even reach out to employees who have not advertised their desire to leave their current companies with the hope that some of them will be interested in a new challenge elsewhere.
What does the headhunter services usually include and benefit of using headhunters
Though each headhunter agency will operate slightly differently, generally they all follow a very similar process.
1. Open position
The first step of this process occurs when recruiters received job needs from their clients. Then they will collect all the detailed information that they need to start working on the role. These details things can be including a job description, deep information about the salary range, benefits, and vacation compensation, etc...
2. Posting a job
Headhunters, generally, post all their vacancies on social media channels as well as any job boards that are relevant to these roles. They will also reach out to their network to find out if any great candidates are looking for work at the moment.
There are thousands of job boards out there that both headhunter and employees can use to get their dream jobs, such as indeed, VietnamWorks, Primus….
3. Finding great candidates
A headhunter needs to review all of these resumes to identify the candidates that have the hard and soft skills their clients are looking for. Once they do, they will reach out for telephone or in-person interviews, or a combination of both. Once the headhunter has ascertained that a candidate matches the experience and personality that a client needs and that the candidate is still interested in the position, they will present that candidate to the client.
4. Presenting candidates
Headhunters do not just email resumes to clients and hope that something sticks. They will discuss with their clients about each candidate, collect the paper through checking their work experiences, career aspirations, and why they will be a match with the client’s needs. Recruiters know that employers hire for both hard and soft skills and will make sure to express both to their clients.
5. Client interview stage
After the interview, the headhunters will collect feedback from both the candidate and the client. Headhunters want to make sure they can give their candidates as much feedback as possible – good or bad – so they know where they stand.
6. Job offer
When a job offer is extended to a candidate, a recruiter will often be there as a sounding board for both sides.
>> To learn more information about the benefit of using headhunters, go to https://www.enworld.com.vn/blog/2019/12/a-guide-to-working-with-a-headhunter-company.
How Much Do Headhunters Charge
According to executiveheadhunters.com, a typical hiring fee will be more from 20% to 30% of the first-year salary of the successful candidate. In some case, this fee also according to the recruitment needs of customers less or more, urgent or not... with The fees broken down into installments, usually 3 stages:
- 20% - 30 %% of salary payable on commencement of the research stage
- 20% - 30 % of the salary payable at the shortlist stage
- 20% - 30 % of the salary payable on completion of the project
Tips and Strategies for Working with Headhunters
No matter how companies end up working with a recruiter, the following tips are intended to guide them on how to foster a positive relationship and get the most out of their partnership.
- Engage in the entire recruiting process. Do not let the headhunters simply to fill their job quickly and move on. Going the extra mile separates a good candidate from a bad one.
- Identify potential deal-breakers early. Make sure there are no last-minute surprises. A request for a flexible work schedule or different salary expectations or could start the hiring process all over again.
- Make sure headhunters follow companies’ requirements. Sometimes, it is hard for headhunters to find a candidate that tick all the boxes. However, there are some key requirements that a successful candidate must have, and enterprises must make sure that headhunters are clear about them.
In short, headhunters can support their clients a lot in conducting the recruitment process. But companies need to understand and have a clear conversation with them before making any outsourcing decisions.
For more information, please go to the Navigos Search blog.
Download & Information
- Critical issues in banking workforce - Perspective from candidates and employers
- Employee Benefits and Tet Bonuses in 2019 in Vietnam
- Expatriates: Expectations and Challenges when working in Vietnam
- Career Prospects & Skill Trends in Vietnam 2018 - 2022
- Report On Agency Personnel: Opportunities And Challenges In Employment In The Digital Era
- Personal Branding Impacts On Business Development: High-Level Employees’ Perspectives
- Recruitment and corporate culture in Japanese enterprises
- Online Recruitment Market in Vietnam 1H2019
- Information Technology Vietnam Labor Supply Market Report 2019
- The labor market in Manufacturing - Opportunities & Challenges in the 4.0 Era
- Job seekers salary in Vietnam 2019